CSA is looking for applicants for a manager, for this year’s World Flat Water Marathon Champs, which will be held In Portugal, in September 2018.
Please note that taking on this job will require a huge amount of hard work, and will take up a large portion of your daily programme!
Applicants must have the following credentials and some of the duties are also listed below:
- Does not have to be a paddler to apply.
- Tour managers trip will be paid in full to Portugal
- Strong knowledge of Marathon racing, including, racing rules and regulations.
- Strong managerial skills(you will be dealing with a team in excess of 60 odd members!).
- Good communication skills(From dealing with Junior, Senior and master paddlers, parents, right up to dealing with ICF officials)
- Someone who is contactable 24/7.
- Organising the SA teams race kit and tracksuits.(getting size samples so team members can get the correct sizes, especially for racing)
- Collection of funds for the tour.
- Organising the loading of the marathon container which is located in KZN.
- Liaising with the shipping agent, to make sure the container gets to Portugal before the team arrives.
- Flights for the entire team
- Accommodation for entire team in Portugal!
- Liaising with Portuguese officials with regards to accreditation, meals, transport if far from the course etc!
- Manager needs to also be good with “MEDIA”. Sending pics, videos etc back to SA while the event is on.
- Many more duties which will be given to the successful applicant, in a job description!
These are just some of the duties and qualities we are looking for.