CSA is looking for a dynamic, hardworking individual who would be able to occupy the position of General Manager.
Previous experience in canoeing administration will be an advantage.
Salary is market related.
Job Description – General Manager.
– SASCOC Liaison – Develop and maintain relations with SASACOC. Ensure that all rules and legislation are complied with, and that reporting structures are maintained.
– SRSA Liaison – Develop and maintain relations with SRSA. Ensure that all funding and other assistance is maximized. Assist unions and clubs with information pertaining to their access to local funding.
– LOTTO – Together with the finance officer, ensure that correct reporting structures for current LOTTO grants are maintained. Ensure that applications for funding are submitted timeously and correctly. Assist unions and clubs to maximize funding from the 3 tier LOTTO funding model.
– Development – Set up a development model for the unions, ensuring that all development paddlers are registered. Coordinate the union development representatives.
– Media management and liaison – Manage the relationship between CSA and Gameplan Media, to ensure that the terms of the contract are adhered to, and that media exposure is maximised. This includes, monitoring social networks, the website, newspaper, TV, Radio, and any other media forum.
– Magazine – Manage the compilation of the annual “Paddler” magazine. Raising the advertising revenue, and provision of content.
– Stand on all discipline committees – Be an ex officio member of all technical committees, as reflected in the constitution, ensuring that each of these committees operates within the byelaws.
– Management of CSA Assets – Ensure that all CSA assets are accountable for, looked after, and utilized correctly.
– Manage secretary – Manage the day to day work done by the CSA secretary.
– Manage High performance coach and sprint administrator – Ensure that all duties relating to these two positions are done in accordance with their contracts.
– Manage elite athletes – Provide a structure within each discipline, whereby the elite athletes of CSA can operate effectively and efficiently.
– Drug free sport liaison
– Manage accountant – Manage day to day work done by the financial officer.
– Infrastructure development – Set up and manage a comprehensive plan to develop new facilities.
– Disciplinary – Set up an improved and uniform disciplinary code and procedure.
– Liaise with major race organizers – Give support and provide access to information for the organizers of major races.
– Provincial coach liaison – Set up a formal coaches forum, and ensure that all provincial and club coaches are given as much support as possible. Manage the coaches forum.
– Liaise with officials Association – Assist with the formulation of the CSA officials association, and ensure that the correct accreditation is given by the ICF.
– Update constitution and bylaws – Ensure that the constitution and discipline byelaws are kept up to date with changing circumstances.
– Organization of meetings – Coordinate and regulate all CSA meetings.
– PR and Marketing
– Liaison with Unions – Maintain strong communication channels with all of the unions, through their individual clubs and members.
– Sponsorship – Attempt to attract sponsors to the sport.
– Templates and Forms – Provide a set of templates and forms to unions, so that record keeping and applications are kept uniform.
– Assist overseas touring parties and individuals – Reply to the numerous calls for assistance by foreign paddlers and clubs to utilise SA as a training or racing venue.
– SAMSA liaison.
– WESSA liaison.
Job Title: General Manager
Reports to: President and Board of CSA.
Please forward CV’s to the CSA secretary Michelle at email@example.com before 12 January 2014.