The 29th of March 2014 is going to be a HUGE Day at Dabulamanzi Canoe Club.
Programme of Events:
1.00pm Surf Ski Clinic by Oscar Chalupsky.
2.00pm Registration for the Gauteng High Altitude Surf Ski Championships proudly brought to you by Flying Fish, Adreach and Standard Bank
3.00pm The Start of 12km The Gauteng Surf Ski Championships
4.30pm Prize Giving Gauteng High Altitude Surf Ski Championships
5.00pm A Huge Party at the Club for all members and their partners to celebrate The 10th Anniversary of our Club House and the Roof Wetting of our New Braai and Bar Area (more details to follow)
The Oscar Chalupsky Surf Ski Clinic
Oscar Chalupsky is at DABULAMANZI – Saturday 29th March 2014
Special Dabs Coaching Clinic.
Paddling Technique & Surf Ski Paddling
12 times World Champion, 2012 winner of the Molokai Ski race will be at Dabs for 1 day only to share his knowledge on all aspects of paddling.
Oscar will be conducting a “Surf Ski Technical Clinic” to be conducted at Dabulamanzi Canoe Club at 1.00pm on 29th March 2014 prior to the Dabulamanzi High Altitude Surf Ski Championships.
Details of the session are below:
- Introduction to the technical aspects of paddling, done on land, Doing the drills in waste deep water, Learning and doing remounts, Doing the drills in your boat and get you technique improved
- Introduction of surf ski paddling technique, A basic’s of the surf ski forward stroke, the theory of the wing paddle and the theory of the forward stroke. Know how to use the paddles as a stability tool, how to set up your surf ski to fit you properly.
- Know how to remount the surf ski on both sides, know the drills that improves one’s stroke when they leave the clinic, they can keep improving. All will receive notes after the lesson.
- All will get all personalized technique critique, learn how to improve your balance and then learn upgrade you a faster boat
- Learn Oscar’s gym exercises, you get notes for these, training programs for races and how to race.
Cost is R200 per participant. You will receive notes on drills and gym exercises and a “cap- Coached by Oscar Chalupsky.
This exclusive session is limited to 30 participants only, to book your spot please email:
Graham Neat now at: email@example.com
Another Exclusive Event brought to you by:
The Gauteng High Altitude Surf Ski Committee
The Gauteng High Altitude Surf Ski Challenge
This is the Fourth Running of the World Famous Gauteng High Altitude Surf Ski Challenge now brought to you by Flying Fish, Adreach and Standard Bank.
The Largest High Altitude Surf Ski Race in The World!
Entry Donation: R50 for Seniors upwards, Free for Juniors and Development Paddlers
Entry Kit: You receive a collectors High Altitude Surf Ski Top plus Free dinner in the evening plus Flying Fish to quench your high altitude thirst. Value = R300
Prizes: Great prizes to be won throughout the field.
Boats: All Surf Skis and Sit-on-Tops qualify
Registration: From 2.00pm at the Dabulamanzi Beach, Emmarentia Dam.
Start Time: 3.00pm
High Tide: 16.04pm
“Don’t be Scared”