CSA is looking for suitable applicants to fill the position/s of Team Manager on the following Canoe Sprint tours:
• World Cup tour (Poland and Duisburg 16th May – 3rd June 2019)
• Junior and U23 Sprint World Championships (Pitesti 26th July – 4th August 2019)
• Senior World Sprint Championships (Szeged 16th -25thAugust 2019)
Please note that the appointment of these hugely responsible positions will require a tremendous amount of planning on behalf of the Team. It will also demand physical and mental effort as well as the prior commitment to and understanding that the role of Team Manager will utilise a large portion of your every day; before, during and after the tour dates.
Applicants must have the following credentials in order to carry out all but not limited to the duties as listed below:
• Does not have to be a paddler to apply.
• Tour Managers trips in so far as air tickets, visa costs, accommodation and basic subsidence costs will be paid in full.
• A small budget will be available for communication expenses (data & sim).
• An above average knowledge of Sprint racing including, racing rules and regulations.
• Strong managerial skills.
• Good communication skills across a broad spectrum of ages (both paddlers and parents) as well as ICF and Press officials.
• Someone who is contactable 24/7, within reason.
• Organising the Teams on and off water kit. Ensuring samples of kit are available so that members can be measured with correctly sized kit prior to ordering, especially on water kit).
• Co-ordination of the collection of funds for the tour.
• Team entries to event and administration compliance.
• Organising of Team Rental boats from the Nelo Rental program.
• Flights for the entire team.
• Accommodation for entire team.
• Liaising with officials with regards to accreditation, meals, transport etc. to and from the course.
• The Tour Manager will also need to have a good command of Social Media sites and postings so that pictures, videos and results can be posted during the events.
Applications must be submitted via email to the CSA Sprint Committee, email@example.com for the attention of Craig Mustard, by no later Friday 22nd March 2019.