To be submitted by 31 July 2017
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. This Nomination form agreement forms part of the CSA Marathon Team Selection document which has been provided by CSA.
2. I have read and understood the section of this document which sets out important information and certain dates for deadlines – Section C.
3. As part of this document, I have been provided with a copy of the Canoeing South Africa Selection Procedures for Marathon events, which I agree to abide by – Section D.
4. I acknowledge that any selection to a SA Team will be in accordance with the rules and regulations of CSA, sections of which are referred to in this document.
5. I have read and understood the CSA Selection Procedures Bylaws referred to herein, access to which /or a link to, has been provided in this document and acknowledge the terms, conditions and obligations contained therein, and which terms, conditions and obligations are imposed upon me as a result of my selection to a Team – Section E.
6. I have read and understood the CSA Team Members Bylaws referred to herein, access to which /or a link to has been provided in this document and acknowledge the terms, conditions and obligations contained therein, and which terms, conditions and obligations are imposed upon me as a result of my selection to a Team – Section F.
7. I understand there will be some personal expense involved in attending the Selection Events, camps, events and tours as outlined in the this Marathon Team Selection Document and I accept full responsibility for my expenses. I understand that I will not be eligible to travel with the team nor compete in events if I have any of these monies outstanding on the date of departure of the team.
8. I hereby state that:
(a) I am a fully paid up current member of a canoe club affiliated to a provincial union member of CSA;
(b) I do not have any outstanding accounts with CSA that are in arrears; and
(c) I agree that I shall meet the ICF’s eligibility requirements.
9. I am subject to drug testing by the South African Sports Drug Agency (Section G) and/or ICF, and will comply with both Canoeing South Africa’s and the International Canoe Federation Anti-Doping Bylaw; and
10. If I am on any medication that is banned by SAIDS, I undertake to complete all documentation and conform to all requirements that are prescribed by SAIDS. Such certification or documentation will be submitted to Team management prior to departure.
11. Any athlete selected to represent South Africa or the Federation shall conduct him or herself with the dignity and decorum as befits a representative of one’s country or Federation and in accordance with the laws of the country in which the event is being held. Failure to do so may result in the athlete being expelled from the team and, subject to a Disciplinary Inquiry, be stripped of any National or Federation Colours awards.